Writeminded

Thursday, January 12, 2006

The essence of OUR Military


I write this from a cyber-cafe at the Marine Corp Recruit Depot in San Diego, CA., the night before my son, Daniel, graduates from Marine Recruit Training. Unfortunately, this morning was the "more important ceremony", according to Dan. And the flight he booked for me was too late to catch both the Motivational Run and the "Eagle, Globe and Anchor Ceremony". Drat! I'll have to relish the Graduation Ceremony tomorrow.

It's inspiring and very encouraging to see so many fine, fit, disciplined, and respectful young men, willing to literally put their lives on the line in the service of this greatest nation on God's green Earth. (HT to Medved)

I'll post more about this later, but for now I'll leave you with this:


"...they stand on a wall, and they say 'nothing is going to harm you tonight- not on my watch' "

This complelling quote from "A Few Good Men" captures the essence of the United States military mission, it's very purpose for being.


Brad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home